Martin Vojtek is a PhD student at FFUP and researcher at LAQV/REQUIMTE.
He holds a master’s degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences (2016, Slovakia). In 2018, he initiated his PhD in Pharmacology and Pharmacotherapy at FFUP (i3DU PhD Programme in Medicines and Pharmaceutical Innovation; FCT scholarship PD/BD/135460/2017), under the supervision of Carmen Diniz Pereira, PhD. (LAQV/REQUIMTE), Isabel MPLVO Ferreira, PhD. (LAQV/REQUIMTE) and Helder Mota Filipe, PhD. (iMed.ULisboa).
He has also been involved in FCT funded R&D project BIOIMPACT (PTDC/QEQ-MED/1890/2014).
Since 2016, his research focuses on:
• Pharmacological pre-clinical testing of metal-based drugs against therapy-resistant breast cancer.
• Identifying drug targets: DNA damage, cytoskeletal alterations, apoptose etc.
• Drug-mediated anti-angiogenic and anti-invasive properties.
• Cell-line based human tumour xenografts.
• Drug biodistribution and pharmacokinetics.